Sila Prava: The Legal Front. The Weekly Report June 17 – 22, 2019
The week turned out to be quite busy for our team:
- At Vinnytsia region Court of Appeal, we helped Victor Boyko, an injured senior soldier, to get a win at court over the aggressor state.
- At Korosten District Court, Zhytomyr region, we helped Oleg Bolavchuk, an internally displaced person from Lugansk, to prove that his internal displacement was a result of the Russian occupation.
- At Lutsk City-District Court, Volyn region, together with Valeriy Golenyuik, an injured soldier, we received a positive decision establishing the guilt of the Russian Federation.
- At Sykhiv District Court, Lviv region, we defeated the state-aggressor together with the widow of Taras Drabyk, the fallen paratrooper from the 80th separate aeromechanic brigade.
- At Ovdiopol District Court, Odesa region, together with the mother of Yevgen Kolesnichenko, the fallen soldier of Ukrainian Border Service, we received a decision establishing the guilt of the Russian Federation.
- At Odessa District Court of Appeal, together with the sister of Mykola Trotsky, a soldier from the volunteer battalion AZOV, who was killed in battles for Shirokino, we received the decision establishing the guilt of Putin’s Russia.
- At Moskovsky District Court of Kharkiv, together with Mykhaylo Tutka, an internally displaced person from Snizhne, Donetsk region, we proved the guilt of the Russian Federation that occupied his home town.
- At Smila District Court, Cherkasy region, we helped Tamara Chernousova, an internally displaced person from Lugansk.
- At Zhytomirsky District Court, Zhytomyr region, together with Volodymyr Shevchenko, the father of the fallen soldier Oleksiy Shevchenko, who was only 26 – we proved the guilt of the Russian Federation in this crime.
- At Vynnytsia District Court, Vinnytsia region, together with the father of Leonid Shevchuk, the fallen cyborg-soldier, who was a member of the 90th separate aeromechanic brigade, we proved the guilt of the Russian Federation in this crime.
Leonid Shevchuk, 29, was mobilized to the Ukrainian Army in August 2014 and served as a member of the 90th separate aeromechanic brigade as a grenade launcher. Since January 20, 2014, he was one of the last soldiers who defended Donetsk International Airport. He was killed during the battles for the New Terminal.
For a very long time, parents and relatives of Leonid Shevchuk did not know where he was since the territory where he fought was occupied and controlled by the Russian Military. Only in late March 2015, the corpse of the fallen hero was transferred to his parents. He was awarded the medal “For Bravery” of third rang, posthumously, for personal bravery and high professionalism that was demonstrated during the battles for the Ukrainian sovereignty and territory.